- RSS Channel Showcase 6937344
- RSS Channel Showcase 2611775
- RSS Channel Showcase 7117965
- RSS Channel Showcase 5714205
Articles on this Page
- 01/30/18--12:08: _Coalitions Create C...
- 05/02/18--06:57: _Profile in Compassi...
- 05/02/18--06:57: _Wait Until 8 Saves ...
- 05/02/18--06:57: _Earlier-Age Spay an...
- 05/02/18--06:57: _Postcards From the ...
- 05/02/18--06:57: _Alley Cat Allies ge...
- 08/01/18--13:17: _Troubling Condition...
- 08/01/18--13:19: _Memo to Jefferson: ...
- 08/01/18--13:28: _Alley Cat Allies Fu...
- 08/01/18--13:31: _A Profile in Compas...
- 10/23/18--11:40: _Hurricane Harvey: C...
- 10/23/18--11:41: _Planned Giving Prof...
- 11/19/18--12:05: _Alley Cat Allies Pr...
- 01/30/18--12:08: Coalitions Create Change for Community Cats
- 05/02/18--06:57: Wait Until 8 Saves Kittens’ Lives
- 05/02/18--06:57: Earlier-Age Spay and Neuter Gains Momentum
- 05/02/18--06:57: Postcards From the Edge: Saving California’s ‘Fire Cats’
- 05/02/18--06:57: Alley Cat Allies gets Kittens the Help They Need
- 08/01/18--13:17: Troubling Conditions Threaten Community Cats in Hawaii
- 08/01/18--13:19: Memo to Jefferson: Iowa Communities Report TNR Success
- 08/01/18--13:28: Alley Cat Allies Fuels Shelter’s Transformation
- 08/01/18--13:31: A Profile in Compassion: Rita Flygar
- 10/23/18--11:40: Hurricane Harvey: Checking In 14 Months Later
- 10/23/18--11:41: Planned Giving Profile: Lynn Kennedy, Ph.D.
When individuals and organizations form coalitions to help community cats, their impact can be greater as they pool their resources and harness their collective expertise. That’s why Alley Cat Allies is enthusiastic about the Montgomery County Community Cat Coalition in Maryland. Its mission is to improve the lives of community cats by promoting Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR), […]
Compassionate caregiving by extraordinary people is in the news once again. Pat Frederick caught the media’s attention in Philadelphia as she set out to feed 80 community cats around her neighborhood. A photographer captured her in a daily routine that takes five hours: Going from colony to colony, and from one street to another, to […]
Like most animal shelters, Fort Bend County Animal Services and Harris County Animal Shelter, both in Texas, see an influx of kittens each spring and summer. This is kitten season, and this year, these two Texas shelters were prepared with Alley Cat Allies’ Wait Until 8 program. Here’s how it works: When people find litters […]
Alley Cat Allies has long supported pediatric spay and neuter, which is performed when healthy kittens are about 2 months old and weigh 2 pounds. Now the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and other veterinary groups are slowly moving in this direction. In a recent decision, the AVMA endorsed a recommendation that veterinarians spay and […]
Alley Cat Allies is helping animal rescues keep hope alive for cats and people still recovering from the devastating 2017 California wildfires and 2018 mudslides. Surrounded by the smoke and chaos of the blazes, hundreds of cats were displaced from their homes. Alley Cat Allies provided grants to two local groups, Outcast Cat Help (OCH) […]
From Darkness to Light With your support, Alley Cat Allies saved the life of a brave little kitten! In March, a tiny 4-week-old tabby was found huddled alone in a cold, pitch-black utility tunnel in Bethesda, Maryland, where Jakob Martin had been working. He heard the kitten’s distressed cries through the darkness. Since the kitten’s […]
Community cats—and owned cats who are sometimes outdoors—are facing a grave situation in Hawaii. A cruel plan to outlaw the feeding of cats, interfere with the practice of Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR), and ultimately “destroy” cats at small boat harbors “by any means necessary” may become law soon. Despite overwhelming opposition from local and national organizations, including Alley Cat […]
Officials in Jefferson, Iowa, came under fire this spring for their policy of trapping and shooting cats. Following national news coverage, the cruel practice carried out by police officers was halted. “Jefferson has taken an important first step, but in order to be effective in helping cats and their community, the town needs a comprehensive […]
In 2006, the Camden County Animal Shelter in New Jersey was stacked floor to ceiling with cages of cats and kittens. The annual intake was more than 6,000 animals, and the total save rate was under 50 percent. The shelter was faltering, with half of the animals coming from the city of Camden, one of […]
It started with a community cat colony close to her Rockville, Maryland, neighborhood. Rita Flygar and her husband, Ray, tag-teamed to carry out Trap-Neuter-Return. She took on trapping the cats while Ray transported them to spay and neuter clinics. The couple then worked their way through other colonies in a nearby industrial area. In three […]
More than a year after Hurricane Harvey ravaged parts of Texas and Louisiana in August 2017, rescue groups are still helping animals displaced by the storm as communities rebuild—and Alley Cat Allies continues to support these efforts. We teamed up with A Life to Live in coastal Baytown, Texas, which was hit hard by flooding, […]
When Lynn Kennedy, Ph.D., decided to update her estate plans, she said she included Alley Cat Allies because we “make cats’ lives better.” Lynn grew up surrounded by cats and dogs. During her busy career teaching English, and as chair of the Humanities and Developmental Studies Division at Darton State College (now called Albany State […]
Days after Hurricane Michael slammed into the Florida Panhandle, Alley Cat Allies provided local shelters and organizations with emergency funds to save animals affected by the deadly storm. The cleanup from the hurricane is ongoing, and Alley Cat Allies is dedicated to supporting the affected cats and dogs who need us. With help from our supporters, […]